namaste _/\_
Sore. Not unbearable sore. Not as sore as I anticipated. Sore, I would come to find out, in the same muscles I would be using today during the 'cardio power & resistance." For example, the outside of my calves. Killer. On EVERY jump today.
Today was all mental. It was the first full work day, come home, cook dinner, still have to freaking do that freaking video, day. But still committed strong, not too much of a battle to push play.
The tough part was during the workout. Hard physically, sure: walking push-ups, plank sprints, power squats, globe jumps, hurdles, v-pushups, etc, burning, sweating, panting blah. But mentally BRUTAL. I wanted to quit at 18mins left bc: 1)it shouldnt be as hard as it was, 2)I used to be able to do this crap 10 fold, 3)why cant I do all the reps, ad infinitum...
For those of you who didnt know me way back when, I was a 2 sport college athlete, often attending multiple practices a day, on top of my own workouts ( I also had a TOUCH of an unhealthy obsession...or more than a touch). I'm finding it difficult to MENTALLY adjust to not being in shape like I was. Why cant I do it like I used to??? Maybe bc you decided to start smoking, for one, dumb ass!
I have a hard time giving myself a break, and i doubt I'm alone in that regard. Surely wouldnt expect anyone else to jump back in a be right where they left off. I would tell them to do as much as they can, and build on it every day.
I also have a bit of perfectionism left in me. If I can't do it, and be the best the first time or very quickly after-then "I dont wanna." Let mepractice by myself for awhile. Guess what? I'm in my living room!! No one can see me!! Geez!
Two things for me to work on, neither of which have anything to do w/ the actual "Insanity" video. Never know where you will learn your lessons.
And I did make it all the way through. I dont quit things very well.
Food for the day: much better. Work helps w/ that! Not as many jellybeans either. All that crap doesnt help mentally or physically.
Bedtime.
namaste _/\_
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment