Monday, April 12, 2010

COUPLE DAYS...bad about posting

namaste _/|\_


Its been a few.  I have been bad about writing this thing that no one reads lol.  Thats okay though.  It takes some getting used to.  I also took a few days off from the Insanity workout.  I got scolded by B for "pushing too hard", or so she says.  I will admit to being totally wiped out.  The program is meant to be done daily, but she says I need to slow down and work my way up.  She's probably right damnit.  If you're anyhting like me, you do things balls to the wall, or not at all.  I don't "slow down" I stop.  I don't "ease in" I run through the brick wall.  Its the way I'm wired.  Life for me is becoming more and more about balance; in everything around me. 


Back to the actual workout:


Pure cardio...and it was.  No water breaks, no 30 seconds catch your breath.  Nope.  warm-up, 30 sec break, straight through all the way to cool down.  And this is not "joggin in place" its still jumping, suicides, etc i-cant-even-remember-it-all.  Now, obviously after less than a week I am in no physical condition to be able to go straight through.  Hell, most of his background excerciser people couldnt go all the way through.  And he stresses very heavily not to break form for the sake of finishing the excerise.


Last night was plyometric cardio circuits.  Im not sure what the difference is with the names of the workouts and the drills in them.  The more I do the more it seems to be the same drills group differently run in different orders.  That or I've already done that one.  Which is also a possibility.  Like I said, they begin to run together lol. 


It is making me miss my playing days; may have to find some adult rec basketball and softball leagues.  Im beginning to feel a difference physically, a little more energy daily.  Five smaller meals still makes me feel like I'm eating ALL the time; but apparently thats correct.  B and I are going to get a couple bikes from my parentals and start trekking the trail by the house as soon as she gets to feeling better (she's been under the weather for a few now).  We have also really taking liking to golf, and Mama has an old set she's going to let us borrow.  The main goal being just to be more active.


Until next time...


namaste _/|\_

1 comment:

  1. hey Rach,
    I do enjoy reading your blog! I am also trying to get healthy by working out and actually got a personal trainer. I just wanted to encourage you and maybe we can get together sometime and play some ball!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete